Thursday 12 March 2015

Designs

Coptic

To me, this design above is nice... but way too detailed. I feel that complicating it takes away from the heart of the idea, which I'm trying to avoid.

Coptic Cross tattoo

This design is much more simple, and very typically coptic, and I may end up getting something that looks very similar to this, but the problem with this is that it really doesn't look like the cross that Jesus was crucified of, and that's what I want. When I see it, I want to remember Jesus' crucifixion more than I want to remember that I'm Coptic. While I am proud of that, my identity is Christian more than it is Egyptian, and that is the way it should be.

Second Tattoo

This one looks a lot more like something I want. It's simple and clearly a cross. However, I'd get it done the other way around, because the cross is for me to look at, not just to show other people. 

cross tattoos for your wrist

These tattoos here are much more what I want. I like the one on the man's hand but I think I'd get it a little smaller, the other way around, and with an outline.

3 comments:

  1. It's great that you really know what you are looking for and have put a lot of thought into the design and meaning. Will you be designing it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to sketch some designs myself and see if I like anything I come up with, or if with further research I find somethig I like on the Internet, then I may just copy something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you are both researching designs for your tattoo and also sketching up some of your own ideas. Nice job showing us the designs and explaining your views on them!

    ReplyDelete